Saturday, April 4, 2009

Quinn Had a Birthday Shout Hooray!

On March 29th, Quinn celebrated his 2nd birthday! We can't believe he's already two. Where has the time gone? Quinn is our sweet little boy, who can sometimes get into trouble (proof in a few of the photos below)! He has brought so much happiness and laughter into our home. Our family wouldn't be complete without him. We love you Quinn!
Here are a few things about Quinn:

* He has the sweetest smile
* Give him a ball and he's happy
* He's very lovable and often gives us hugs and kisses
* He knows his ABC's, colors and even a few sight words
* He LOVES cars, trucks and trains - can play with them for hours
* His eye lashes are to die for long
* He loves to go to Cabella's with his Dad and look at the animals
* He hides behind the couch when he hears the garage door open and then runs out yelling "surprise" when we come in the house
*He loves veggies and salad - as long as it has ranch on it
* He loves to go down the slide at the park
* He's a Mama's boy (I love it!)
* When he sings "I am a Child of God" it melts my hearts
* He loves to say the prayer at dinner
We had a birthday party for him in Utah while visiting family. It was fun to have Grandma and Grandpa Duce, Jon, and the Schmelter family there with us.
Now for the picture overload...sorry, but there were so many cute ones!
Quinn made quite the haul of gifts! I decided to have a Thomas the Train party for him since he can't get enough of his "choo choo."
He scored lots of "Cars" cars from his cousins. He was so excited!
I found a Thomas the Train lunch box and I couldn't resist getting it for him.
Just a cute picture of my baby boy.
He played with his new cars and trucks all night long! He plays with them all the time, it's fantastic!
Thanks to a lot of help from my Mom, we made this Thomas cupcake track. We saw the idea at Walmart and my Mom thought we could make it ourselves.
I thought our Thomas cupcakes turned out so cute. Even cuter than the picture at Walmart! And we didn't pay $25 for it either!!

We thought Quinn might pass out from trying to blow out his two candles. He blew and blew and blew! Finally, his cousins helped him out!

Here's the proof...he can't resist a little mischievous behavior! This one he did just today. While I was getting dinner on the table he managed to dump out my entire (and it was new!) container of loose face powder. And what about the look on his face??? I don't think he felt too bad about it either!


This time he got into my hair paste. Now you might be thinking that this kid is never supervised, but that's not the case. These little mishaps happen in a matter of seconds. It doesn't take him long at all to find something fun he can get into.

Like I said earlier, Quinn sure makes us laugh a lot. I just love this picture. Can he get any cuter???

5 comments:

Laura Duce said...

I wish I could be at all the parties! He's a sweetheart! He looks so much like Jon. I really do hope my kids are as good as yours.

weloveadoption said...

He is a handsome little guy. What a cute idea with the cupcakes. And it looks like he had a great birthday! Wish you guys lived closer so we could see your kids more often.

weloveadoption said...

And you guys, too. I didn't mean we only wanted to see your kids. It would just be great to see you guys more often that is what I meant.

Unknown said...

Hey, those are super cute photos! The party was way fun, thanks for letting us come crash it :) Hope Quinn is having fun with all his cars! I have to disagree with Laura though, I think he looks a ton like Hal.

BigDaddy said...

I can't believe how big your kids are!!!!! When we left Boise, Quinn was brand new! It's great to see your sweet family.

-Tiffani Judd