Saturday, April 25, 2009

Milestones

On April 19th, I reached a pretty big milestone in my life.... I turned 30!! I'm kind of glad I'm finally 30. The past few years I've had such a hard time remembering my age. 30 is much easier to remember!

My Mom gave me these beautiful flowers for my birthday. Gerber daisies are my favorite flower, so bright and colorful!


I look pretty official with my new apron, spatula, and pastry mat. I love making pies, but don't love the pie crust sticking to the counter!

Can I just say that my Mom is the best! Birthdays were always a big celebration in my family when we were growing up. We had amazing themed parties, food, cakes, decorations... the whole nine yards! I always felt so loved and special on my birthday. This year we happened to be in Utah for my birthday, and my Mom did not disappoint when it came time for celebrating. I requested strawberry shortcake for my birthday cake and this is what she whipped up. Beautiful and delicious!!
I used every breath I had to blow out my candles. There weren't even 30 on there! Madison helped me out too.

Hal and I ended the night by going to Salt Lake and seeing Wicked. It was AMAZING! Last summer I found out it was coming to Salt Lake and I decided that I would do everything possible to go. Tickets went on sale back in December and I called the minute they went on sale. It took me over 2 1/2 hours of constant calling before I finally got in (I was even calling from my cell phone while getting my hair cut. I was determined to get my hands on tickets!). But it was all well worth it! I'm so glad we got to go. Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the kids while we went!
Thanks everyone for making my birthday so special and memorable!

5 comments:

Laura Duce said...

30 is young and a good number! Not sure why people are scared of it. You look great and I'm so glad Madison was able to help with those candles. :)

Shannon said...

Happy late Birthday! I'm glad you had a great day. I'm beginning to think 30 is going to be great! I went to Wicked as well for my b-day. Wasn't it the best!?

Emily said...

Happy (late) birthday Sarah! 30's the new 20 right? Not that I'd want to be 20 again! Glad you had a fun celebration!

weloveadoption said...

I wasn't so excited when I turned 30. I am glad that you are. It looks like you had a wonderful birthday. What a fun mom you have to go all out for your birthday.

Maude said...

Happy late birthday! Now you're old like me! Ha ha! I will be the big 37 this year but feels like 40!