Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Easter

Easter time is probably one of my favorite times of the year. I love the coat-free weather, the blossoming trees, hearing the birds chirp, April showers, seeing the kites fly in the sky, and opening up the windows of my house. Just a few of my many favorites!

This year Hal and I decided to change up our Easter traditions. We both felt the need and desire to have our family's focus be more on the true meaning of Easter. Saturday would be spent doing fun Easter activities and Sunday would be spent focusing on the true Easter message. So The Easter Bunny made its visit to our house on Saturday. Madison and Quinn were excited to wake up that morning and find a few small things in their baskets.


We were so surprised to see Quinn run toward the Easter Bunny with outstretched arms and give him (I think it was a him???) a big hug! This past Christmas he was scared to death of Santa....so go figure. Madison clung tightly to my leg as the Easter Bunny made his rounds. She, on the other hand, has never been a fan of the Easter Bunny. And honestly, I don't blame her!

We hit up not one....but two Easter egg hunts on Saturday. Both were close by our house, so we figured why not. Madison's quick set of wheels paid off when it came time to finding the eggs.


Quinn had his own egg hunting strategy too. It was find one egg, open it up, eat the candy, then find another egg and repeat the process. None the less, he still scored some eggs and had a good time.


You can't have Easter and not color eggs, so that we did! I like to think the egg coloring kit I bought was a dud because our eggs just didn't seem to turn out all that great. But then again, I'm no Martha Stewart! I was just happy to not have a bowl of dye end up on the floor!

Who needs a spoon to hold the egg when you've got two useful hands? Quinn's hand was green the rest of the day, but it was all in the name of good fun.

So onto Easter Sunday. Our plan was to focus our day on the resurrection of our Savior. We had a little lesson together about the resurrection. We used many pictures from the gospel art kit as we taught about the life of the Savior, his atoning sacrifice, and glorious resurrection. There was no Easter candy, no talk of the Easter Bunny or Easter eggs. We felt the spirit in our home and felt the love of our Savior. It was a beautiful Easter Sunday.
I love the bright new colors that come along with spring time. Grandma Duce gave Madison this adorable dress. It fits her little personality so well. Quinn looked so handsome in his little sweater vest and matching argyle socks. Can I just say that I'm so happy I have a little boy! I get all excited when I get to buy little boy's argyle socks! Too bad you can't see them in the picture.

1 comment:

Laura Duce said...

Quinn looks huge! Oh I love your kids.