Sunday, March 22, 2009

Difficult News

This post is a bit personal, but I want to express our thanks for the many prayers and kind acts of service offered on our behalf the past few days. Last Thursday I went to the doctor for a routine ultra sound and check up on the baby. The doctor was not able to find a heart beat during the ultra sound, we had lost our baby. We were devastated as just a week and a half ago we had been in for an ultra sound and confirmed that things were going well. Something happened during that time and we don't know exactly what. On Friday I went to the hospital and had a D&C done. I'm recovering well.
There are a few things we know that are bringing peace and comfort to us at this difficult time. We know that our Heavenly Father loves our family. He has blessed us with two beautiful children that we now hug a little tighter each day. We know that our Savior experienced the pain and sorrow that we feel at time time. We know The Comforter is real and can bring peace during times of disappointment and heart ache. Heavenly Father had a plan for the spirit we lost. We believe it was spared the trials of coming to earth at this time. We believe we'll one day have the opportunity to raise the two spirits we have lost. We are so grateful for the plan of salvation and that our family can be together forever.

5 comments:

Laura Duce said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts during this hard time. We love you!

johnandjana said...

Sarah,
My prayers are with you. I know this can be a very hard time, but I know the Lord will bless you and your family. You have 2 beautiful children and I know they have 2 wonderful parents. We love you as family and hope all will be well. Love, Heather's Mom

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry guys! It is so hard to lose someone you love and feel is already a part of your family. Our prayers are with you.

trent and shannon

weloveadoption said...

I want you to know that our prayers are with you during this time. It is a very difficult thing to deal with. Sometimes we ask ourselves why, but I think you have the right attitude. You will one day raise that child. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I hope you recover soon and start feeling better.

Emily said...

Just wanted to say I hope you recover quickly physically & also emotionally, with your family & the Lord's help. Thinking of you. Take care!