Thursday, June 11, 2009

I've Been Converted

To using coupons, that is! Recently I've taken up the challenge to try and decrease our grocery (or more like Costco) bill each month. So far, I've hit some really good deals!

This stuff I got at Rite Aid. I don't think I've ever even shopped at Rite Aid before! It was the best shopping experience ever... no crowds of people, no long check out lines, friendly employees, and great deals! Here's how this deal worked out:
$17.74 total out of pocket after using $13.25 in coupons
THEN... I filed a very easy online rebate for some of these items. My rebate total was $18.48.
So I MADE money on this transaction: 74 cents!



This stuff I got at Albertsons. I did it in 2 transactions. The first transaction I paid $19.12 for 16 items. I used $10.55 in coupons and I received a $10 coupon to use on my next shopping trip. Which I used on the purchase of my next set of 12 items. Second total came to $9.96 after using my $10 coupon and other manufacture coupons. Plus I earned another $10 coupon for my next shopping trip. And the store manager gave me a $5 coupon because the register wasn't printing out my $10 coupon and I had to wait a few extra minutes while they fixed it all. So my grand total out of pocket was $29.08, but take away the second $10 coupon and the extra $5 coupon they gave me and my total out of pocket was $14.08! That's an average of 50 cents per item!! Cha Ching!!

Shopping these kinds of deals does take time, effort, and planning. But it's all worth it in the end and it's fun too! So what kind of deals have you scored???

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Coupons are so confusing to me. The other day I was at the store looking at Egg-o waffles. A lady saw and offered me a coupon out of her HUGE book of coupons, then looked at me like I was from another planet when I refused.

weloveadoption said...

I love coupons, too. It does take time but I love to save money.

Maude said...

You need to visit my friend Deena's site: Mom That Makes Cents (there's a link on my site) She has even gotten Safeway to pay HER to take stuff home. She's the queen!